- Evansville's drinking water meets or exceeds all state and federal regulations. We have never had a violation of state or federal drinking water regulations. To learn more about the quality of water in Evansville, please visit our Water Quality Page.
- A method for treating drinking water with chlorine dioxide, which is now patented, was developed at the Evansville Water Filtration Plant in 1989.
- The Evansville Water Filtration Plant has not had a loss of time accident in over 3000 days.
- The Evansville Water Department is a member of the the Partnership for Safe Water and recieved the Directors Award for our water. The partnership is designed to ensure high quality drinking water. For more information on the Partnership for Safe Water visit the American Water Works Association web site.
- Several employees of the Evansville Water & Sewer Utility are members of the American Water Works Association.
- Employees of the Evansville Water Filtration Plant are licensed Grade WT5 Water Treatment Plant Operators by the State of Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM). The Grade WT5 license is the highest license in the state of Indiana.
Last updated: 3/21/2012 7:44:09 AM