Online Marriage Application

Marriage Requirements

The marriage application is now available online at:

A marriage license will only be issued between 7:30 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please fill in all the requested information online and submit the application up to one week before coming in person to the Clerk’s Office. Both applicants must apply together and in person to complete the process.
You will need to bring with you one of the following: an official Birth Certificate, valid driver’s license with current address, or valid Passport (for each applicant).

The marriage license is valid for 60 days. A marriage ceremony must be performed within 60 days of applying and then returned to our office to be recorded. After we receive the completed license from the ceremony, the legal certified copies of the license will be available and may be picked up in our office for $2.00 each.

If one or both of the applicants live in Vanderburgh County, the fee is $18.00 for the license. If neither applicant lives in Vanderburgh County, the license must be obtained in the county of residence. If both applicants live out of state and wish to be married in Vanderburgh County, the license fee is $60.00

Applicants must know the following to apply:
Number of previous marriages, month/day/year and reason the last marriage ended (ex: divorce, annulment, death)
Names and date of birth for all dependent children under the age of 21
Both applicant’s parents’ state of birth, current address, and mother’s maiden name
Highest grade/level of school completed

Ceremonies can be performed in the Clerk’s Office, in room 216 of the Courthouse. If you wish to make an appointment please call (812)435-5161 and plan to arrive 15-30 minutes prior to the appointment to complete the paperwork. Please advise our office of the number of people expected to attend the ceremony. Donations are accepted, but not expected.
Last updated: 8/15/2013 4:05:07 PM