My property is on a creek/stream/lake/pond and the bank is eroding. Who is responsible for fixing this?


In most cases the maintenance of creek, stream, lake and pond banks are the property owners responsibility to maintain and to provide repairs. However, if the creek/stream is a "regulated Drain" you can contact the Vanderburgh County Surveyor's Office. If the lake or pond is in an Easement for Storm Water Detention, they are normally the homeowners responsibility to maintain unless there is an existing and active homeowners association, then the homeowner or homeowners association would be responsible.