Contact Us

Superior Court
825 Sycamore St
Civic Center Courts Building
Evansville, IN 47708
Get Directions  | Location Details

Topics of Interest

Department Home

Small Claims

Need help finding your case number:

Reception 812-435-5142

Small Claims court is a civil Court that handles lawsuits involving money claims in the sum of $8,000 or less. You have the option of having an attorney represent you, or representing yourself and proceeding pro-se. In addition to handling money claims, Small Claims Court also handles tenant/landlord issues, such as evictions.

For questions regarding filing fees or how to initiate a small claims case, please contact the Vanderburgh County Clerk's Office, at 812-435-5678.

For questions regarding existing cases, please contact the Small Claims Court Office, at 812-435-5142.

The Small Claims courtroom is located on the 2nd floor of the County Courts Building, Room 223.

Useful Links:

Indiana Rules of Court - Small Claims

Indiana Small Claims Manual