Construction Design Release (CDR) Information

For most Commercial construction projects, permit applicants are required to first submit an Application for Construction Design Release (CDR) including building plans and/ or construction documents to the Plan Review division of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS).

An issued Construction Design Release is required before the Building Commission can issue a permit In the event it is required for your project.

More information on the process and forms is on the IDHS website here or call (317) 232-6422. For most projects you will be required to hire an Indiana registered Design Professional to submit and obtains this release from State Plan Review.